Friday, January 9, 2009

Quick update

Hi everyone:
Phewww! I have been all over. I befriended a local who speaks good English and who has taken me to places that only locals go. They had a national holiday here on Jan 7 and I was invited to visit my local friend's homeland about 40 miles north of Phnom Penh (capital of Cambodia). The holiday was to celebrate the fall of the Khmer Rouge. I road on the back of a motobike. I will upload the pictures soon of my experience there: I ate traditional Khmer food by his mother and another family and I ate fresh wild honey with the honeycomb from a tree branch. Also the hospital experience is awesome. I am seeing many fascinating diseases. The doctors and nurses are eating up my video collection as I teach. Several doctors want copies for their departments. I will upload pictures soon. Take care. Dr. D.

2 comments:

  1. u jim,sounds great! how exciting! did you find any chocolate yet? take care gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds and looks like your having a great time!very different. enjoy!!! gina

    ReplyDelete